The International Instrumental and Vocal Performance Contest -1st Online edition organized by University of Oradea – Faculty of Arts / Music Department is dedicated to students from vocational Romanian and abroad institutions, as well as to young professional musicians.
The competition will take place online by sections and age categories as follows:
INSTRUMENTAL PERFORMANCE - piano, violin, viola, cello, double bass, guitar, wood wind instruments, brass wind instruments, percussion instruments:
A category (9–11 years)
B category (12-15 years)
C category (16–19 years)
D category (20-23 years)
E category (24+ years)
VOCAL PERFORMANCE – classical singing:
A category (14–19 years)
B category (20–23 years)
C category (24+ years)
A category (12–15 years)
B category (16-19 years)
C category (20–23 years)
D category (24+ years)
The contest will unfold in one stage that consists in viewing contestant's videos uploaded on YouTube followed by judging and prize awarding on sections by the jury.
The contestant is required to submit the following documents via e-mail at email@example.com :
- Application form (pdf or jpg) - download
- Copy of contestant's identity document (pdf or jpg)
- For underage contestant: copy of contestant's identity document + copy of parent / legal tutor's identity document (pdf or jpg)
- Proof of application fee payment (pdf or jpg)
All documents must be submited before 15.03.2021
SECTION I - Instrumental Performance
Contestants will present 2 works of free choice that are different in style, genre and character. Total time of recording or cumulated time of recordings must be of max. 30 minutes.
SECTION II - Vocal Performance
Contestants will present 2 works of free choice that are different in style, genre and character. Total time of recording or cumulated time of recordings must be of max. 20 minutes.
SECTION III - Chamber Music
Contestants will present 1 work of free choice. Total time of recording must be of max. 30 minutes.
Playing by memory is mandatory, except for Chamber Music section.
For Instrumental Performance section one of the recorded works can be for solo instrument (etudes, instrumental works composed without accompaniment).
After the registration the program / repertoire cannot be changed.
The videos uploaded by contestants on YouTube must include the full name of contestant and the repertoire performed.
Technical requirements for videos:
- The recording shall be taken by one camera showing clearly the face, hands and instrument(s) of musicians
- In order to provide the best audio quality possible for the video recordings it is allowed to use an external microphone when recording
- EDITED RECORDINGS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
- The contestant will send either 1 link to a video recording containing the whole program played without cuts, or a maximum of 2 distinct links that contain the 2 different works required without cuts between movements
- Links must be directly accesible without authorization
Contestant’s performance will be appreciated by the jury based on the videos submitted.
For all 3 sections evaluation criteria are as follows: 1. Artistic performance; 2. Technical realization; 3. Personal contribution of contestant.
Jury’s decisions are final and irrevocable.
Prizes will be awarded on age category for each section. The jury reserves the right to not award all prizes if standards are not met.
I-st Prize (95-100 points)
II-nd Prize (90-94 points)
III-rd Prize (85-89 points)
Honourable Mention (80-84 points)
- 2 concerts as soloists with Oradea's State Philharmonic Orchestra in 2020-2021 or 2021-2022 season, depending on Covid 19 situation's evolution
- prizes in money
- free attendings at masterclasses, wokshops and summer schools held by jury's members throughout 2021 or 2022 depending on Covid 19 situation's evolution
Grand Prize (1000 EUR) will be awarded by jury to the best of the winners of I-st Prize who obtained 100 points.
Participation diplomas will be awarded to all contestants as well as to their teachers and accompanists. All diplomas (prizes and participation ones) will be sent by organizers via e-mail.
The contest’s results will be announced on the contest’s site by 01.04.2021.
The winners of special prizes in money will be contacted by organizers via e-mail.
The 60 EUR application fee via bank payment (plus banking fee) is due in full and will not be refunded by the competition board.
Payment must be made via bank transfer to:
Bank: Libra Bank
Name: Asociația Culturală CULTURE ON - București
Fiscal VAT number (CUI): 31704758
Reference: International Instrumental and Vocal Performance Contest – Oradea 2021 Application Fee
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: 15.03.2021
By appling (sending documents, videos and aplication fee) to take part in the contest candidates indicate their acceptance of all these rules.
RADU RUSU - FRENCH HORN
MIHAELA ANICA - FLUTE
HORIA MAXIM - PIANO
DANIEL MAGDAL - SINGING
VLAD RĂCEU - VIOLIN
For more information visit the website of the competition.